Montgomery County Public Libraries (MCPL) today released a new catalog interface to provide customers better results when searching for library materials. The new interface, called Enterprise, is user-friendly and includes innovative features.
The implementation of Enterprise resulted from customer feedback regarding MCPL’s library catalog.
“We listen to and value the feedback from our customers, and, when feasible, we work to incorporate our customers' ideas and suggestions to improve our services. That’s one reason why I’m very excited about this project which is part of Library’s Strategic and Technology plans,” said MCPL Director Parker Hamilton.
Catalog users will see these improvements with Enterprise:
• Better initial search results.
• Filters for narrowing search results by facets -- such as author, format, audience, language, publication date, availability or holding library.
• Instant actions from the search results: Users can select one or many titles at once to put on hold, to save to a list, to text, to email, or to share.
• An attractive graphical interface.
• A Facebook Search App enabling users to search the library catalog directly from MCPL’s Facebook page.
• “Did you mean?” Suggestions for misspelled queries or typos.
• The ability for users to create and save their own lists of titles when logged in to their accounts.