| 33rd Annual Women’s Legislative Briefing
Sunday, January 27, 2013; Noon – 6 p.m.
The Universities at Shady Grove, Building II, 9630 Gudelsky Drive, Rockville
12:30 – 1:30 p.m. – Opening and Welcome
Montgomery County Executive Isiah Leggett
Prince George’s County Executive Rushern Baker
Dr. Susan Leggett-Johnson, Associate Medical Director of Human Resources, Chief Compliance Officer
and Executive Diversity Leader for the Mid-Atlantic Permanente Medical Group
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Bernice Sandler
1:30 – 2:15 p.m.
Panel Discussion on Women’s Issues in Congress
Moderated by County Council President Nancy Navarro
U.S. Senator Ben Cardin
U.S. Congressman Chris Van Hollen
U.S. Congressman John Sarbanes
U.S. Congressman John Delaney
2:30 – 3:45 p.m.
Seminar Series I
• Effective Legislative Advocacy
• Health Equity: the Promise of Health Care Reform for Women
• Advocating for Older Women’s Issues
• Women, Families and Poverty
4 – 5:15 p.m.
Seminar Series II
• Women in the Public Realm
• Work and women
• Safety, Justice and Human Rights
• Miss Representation Documentary on Women’s Issues in the Media
5:15 – 6 p.m.
Reception with Elected Officials
# # #