Montgomery County Public Libraries (MCPL) has launched its newly re-designed website at www.montgomerycountymd.gov/library. The public is invited to provide feedback.
“The new library website has a modern and clean design that connects our customers with all of the materials and services available from Montgomery County Public Libraries,” said MCPL Director Parker Hamilton. “In response to user feedback, we built the site to be more intuitive and easy to use.”
In addition to the new look and feel, other improvements to the website are:
• A search box for the library catalog and website on the header of every page
• New site navigation that connects to the library’s most-used resources
• "How do I ... " links to most frequently asked questions about using the library
• Individual branch library pages with hours, directions, maps and events
• Links to all of the ways residents can connect with MCPL, from apps to
• A homepage Twitter feed with the latest word from the Libraries
Library offerings online include:
• Downloadable e-books and audiobooks
• Streaming and downloadable music
• Research sources, such as the library catalog, business directories and vast databases of periodical articles
• Online renewal and holds of library materials
• Tools for language learners, students and jobseekers, and
• Assistance from librarians via online chat or email
The library website is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. On average, there are more than 248,000 visits to the MCPL homepage each month.
For more information, call 240-777-0006.
# # #