Board of Appeals
Board of Investment Trustees
Community Engagement Cluster
Community Use of Public Facilities
Correction & Rehabilitation
County Attorney's Office
County Executive's Office
Emergency Mgmt & Homeland Security
Fire and Rescue Service
Health & Human Services
Housing and Community Affairs
Legislative Oversight Office
Management and Budget Office
Merit System Protection Board
Public Information Office
State's Attorney's Office
Zoning & Administrative Hearings
For Immediate Release: 7/28/2014
|MC311 Now on Twitter; Latest Customer Survey of 1,000 Callers Shows High MC311 Customer Satisfaction|
Montgomery County’s 311 Customer Service Center has launched a new Twitter account that allows residents to get non-emergency County government information and request services via Twitter. The address is @311MC311. Initially, tweets will be monitored Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Customers can now tweet MC311 with a question or request for service and will receive a response with the Service Request number and a time frame for a follow-up response for services handled by departments. Additionally, MC311 will tweet information about some of the most common topics coming into MC311. These include: Ride On Bus Real Time information; reporting a dead animal along the roadway; reporting a street light outage; and reporting a pothole on a County road.
“Montgomery County residents now have yet another way to access information about County services and make service requests,” said Patrick Lacefield, Director of the Office of Public Information. “Twitter is the next step -- and this will be especially valuable in emergencies, whether weather-related or otherwise.”
More than 1,000 users of MC311 responded to the recently-completed, bi-annual customer satisfaction survey. The survey showed that:
• Nearly 80 percent of callers were satisfied with their overall 311 experience;
• More than 82 percent were satisfied with the call taker’s ability to find the information;
• More than 88 percent were satisfied with how long it took to reach a representative;
• More than 84 percent indicated that they were satisfied with the handling of their call to MC311.
• More than 88 percent of the County’s 311 website users were satisfied with their overall MC311 website experience;
• 93 percent were satisfied with their ability to find the information they were looking for on the MC311 website; and
• More than 91 percent were satisfied or very satisfied with the ease of using the website.
The MC311 call center handles on average 40,000 calls per month. The 311 web portal, www.mc311.com, which allows residents to find answers and check on the status of service requests round-the-clock, seven days a week, has consistently averaged more than 75,000 page views per month. More than 40,000 online service requests were received last year.
For more information about MC311, call the Office of Public Information at 240-777-6507, or visit www.mc311.com.
|Release ID: 14-297
Media Contact: Sue Tucker 240-777-6507
Return to News Releases