Montgomery County Executive Isiah Leggett is sponsoring five budget forums during the months of January and February to seek input from residents about fiscal year 2014 operating budget priorities.
The forums are scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. on the following dates:
• January 10, Mid-County Community Recreation Center, 2004 Queensguard Rd., Silver Spring;
• January 24, BlackRock Center for the Arts, 12901 Town Commons Dr., Germantown;
• January 28, Bethesda-Chevy Chase Regional Service Center, 4805 Edgemoor La., Bethesda;
• January 29, Silver Spring Civic Building, One Veterans Plaza, Silver Spring; and
• February 4, Eastern Montgomery Regional Services Center, 3300 Briggs Chaney Rd. Silver Spring.
Leggett is encouraging residents to attend the forums to provide input in light of budget shortfalls predicted in the coming fiscal year.
Sign language interpreter services will be provided only upon request with notice as far in advance as possible, but no less than 72 hours prior to the event. If these or other services or aids are needed to participate in this activity, call 240-777-6507, TTY 240-777-6505 or email a request to email@example.com.
The County Executive will announce his recommended fiscal year 2014 operating budget on March 15. The County Council approves the operating budget at the end of May.
# # #