Thursday, May 03, 2012
The construction contract was executed on October 14, 2011, and a Notice to Proceed with Phase I was issued to Henley Construction Company on October 19, 2011. A kickoff event was held at the library on December 18, 2011, and the Notice to Proceed with Phase II was issued on December 19, 2011.
Henley Construction Company accomplished the following from December 19 to January 4:
- mobilized its crew and equipment on the site;
- started the interior demolition;
- held a meeting with Maryland National Capital Park and Planning to establish tree-save requirements;
- began the process of tree protection;
- started preparing the building for demolition.
See all the Gaithersburg Library construction photos at our Flickr site.
Posted by R. Gale.