Montgomery County Executive Ike Leggett is sponsoring five budget forums throughout the County in coming weeks to seek input from residents about Fiscal Year 2012 Operating Budget priorities. With a projected $300 million budget gap looming, Montgomery County is again facing a challenging fiscal forecast.
The forums will begin at 7 p.m., on the following dates:
- January 10, Upcounty Regional Services Center, 12900 Middlebrook Rd., Germantown
- January 13, Silver Spring Civic Building, One Veterans Plaza, Silver Spring
- January 18, Crossway Community, 3015 Upton Dr., Kensington
- January 20, Eastern Montgomery Regional Services Center, 3300 Briggs Chaney Rd., Silver Spring
- January 24, Bethesda-Chevy Chase Regional Services Center, 4805 Edgemoor La., Bethesda
The County Executive announces his recommended fiscal year 2012 operating budget on March 15. The County Council approves the operating budget at the end of May.
Visit website montgomerycountymd.gov/townhall for more information.