Thursday, August 26, 2010
Single family homes in Montgomery County with curbside recycling collection services also are provided with year-round collection of yard trimmings on their recycling day. It is important to properly prepare tree branches or debris for collection.
Here are the guidelines:
On Private Property:
- Tree debris on private property will be collected on a resident’s regular recycling day if it is no more than four-feet in length and four inches in diameter.
- Bag, bundle, or containerize tree branches and limbs, keeping bundles less than 45 pounds and less than 30 inches in diameter.
- Tree debris that is too large for curbside collection or cannot be bagged, bundled, or containerized (up to 500 pounds) can be recycled at no charge to single family home residents at the Shady Grove Processing Facility and Transfer Station, located at 16101 Frederick Road, Derwood. Check the County’s website for hours of operation and directions.
- Another option is to contact a private company, such as a tree, landscaping or lawn service, for assistance in removing and disposing of storm debris.
- Residents may want to check with their home insurance company, which may cover storm debris removal and disposal.
In the Public Right-of-Way:
- Montgomery County Department of Transportation crews collect trees and branches that have fallen into the public right-of-way.
- To report tree debris in the public right-of-way, call 311, or report online.
POSTED AT: 2:00:00 AM