Thursday, March 31, 2011
Join thousands of area commuters on Bike to Work Day on May 20 for a celebration of bicycling as a clean, fun and healthy way to get to work. Ride solo or join friends and colleagues in a bike convoy. Registrants are eligible to win prizes and bikes through regional and local raffles and receive a free Bike to Work Day t-shirt.
In 2010, this event attracted more than 8,000 bicyclists at 32 pit stops throughout the Washington area. This year, there are 49 regional pit stops with great prizes, food, drinks and more.
Bicycling is a cost-effective and healthy commuting alternative that provides the benefits of exercise, stress reduction, air quality improvements and traffic congestion reduction.
The 10 pit stops in Montgomery County are:
- Downtown Bethesda
- Rock Spring Business Park
- Bethesda , National Institutes of Health Building One
- Bethesda , National Institutes of Health Executive Boulevard
- Bethesda Naval Medical Center
- Rockville Town Center
- North Bethesda White Flint Mall
- Rockville-Fallsgrove Transportation Center
- Silver Spring Discovery Communications
- Silver Spring Food and Drug Administration, White Oak
To find out more about Bike to Work Day and register for the event, go the Washington Area Bicyclist Association website.