Monday, February 27, 2012
A new Park & Ride Lot located west of Georgia Avenue (Maryland Route 97) and just south of the InterCounty Connector (ICC), opened this month. Built by the Maryland Transit Administration as part of the ICC project, the lot has 202 parking spaces and two bus shelters with benches.
The Park & Ride Lot located on Norbeck Road (Maryland Route 28) east of Georgia Avenue remains open but will no longer be served by the ICC Commuter bus routes. Ride On and Metrobus continue to provide service at the Norbeck Road Park & Ride Lot with Bus Routes 51, Y7, 52, 53, Y8 and Y9.
The following ICC Commuter Bus Routes provide service at the lot:
- Route 201 - Gaithersburg to BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport
- Route 202 - Gaithersburg to Fort Meade
- Route 203 - Columbia to Bethesda
- Route 204 - Frederick to College Park
- Route 205 - College Park to Germantown Transit Center