Thursday, May 31, 2012
The Bethesda Urban Partnership and Bethesda Arts & Entertainment District have chosen 12 artists whose works are being featured in a public art exhibition called “Tunnel Vision.” The works are displayed in the pedestrian tunnel that runs under Wisconsin Avenue to the Bethesda Metro station in downtown Bethesda.
The 2012 Tunnel Vision artists are:
- John James Anderson, Washington, DC
- Sheila Blake, Takoma Park, MD
- Frank Capello, Potomac, MD
- Anne Chan, Silver Spring, MD
- Howard E. Clark, Montgomery Village, MD
- Richard L. Dana, Bethesda, MD
- Bob Elliott, Bethesda, MD
- Joey P. Manlapaz, Washington, DC
- Greg Minah, Baltimore, MD
- Alex L. Porter, Chevy Chase, MD
- Spencer Razick, Kensington, MD (Young Artist)
- Kristy Simmons, Bethesda, MD
The artists’ works were chosen from nearly 200 submissions. Painting, photography and digital imagery in both traditional and contemporary styles are represented among the artwork chosen. Now installed in the Metro tunnel, the images were printed on a poly metal material.
“Tunnel Vision” is a public art initiative made possible through a partnership with Montgomery County, the Bethesda Urban Partnership and the Bethesda Arts & Entertainment District and with donations from local organizations.
POSTED AT: 1:00:00 AM