Thursday, May 31, 2012
On May 24, the Montgomery County Council approved a $4.6 billion total County operating budget for Fiscal Year 2013, which begins July 1, 2012.
Transportation-related items include:
- An increase in the Ride On Monthly Pass from $40 to $45.
- An increase in the cash or token Ride On fare from $1.70 to $1.80.
- An increase in the regular SmarTrip Ride On fare from $1.50 to $1.60.
- An increase in the Senior/Disabled cash/token fare from $0.85 to $0.90.
- An increase in the Senior/Disabled SmarTrip fare from $0.75 to $0.80.
- In the Bethesda Parking Lot District, an increase in: the short-term parking fee from $1/hour to $1.25/hour; long-term parking from $0.75/hour to $0.80/hour; the monthly pass from $140 to $150; and the associated daily and carpool passes.
- In the Silver Spring Parking Lot District: an increase in the short-term parking fee from $0.75/hour to $1/hour; long-term parking from $0.60/hour to $0.65/hour; the monthly pass from $113 to $123; and the associated daily and carpool passes, effective Jan. 1, 2013.
- A pilot program whereby residents of South Silver Spring can buy a monthly parking pass for the Kennett and King Street garages for the discounted price of $95; the pilot will run from Oct. 1, 2012 until June 30, 2014.
- In the Wheaton Parking Lot District, an increase in the short-term parking fee from $0.50/hour to $0.75/hour, long-term parking from $0.50/hour to $0.60/hour, the monthly pass from $95 to $113, and the associated daily and carpool passes.
Approved items in the Capital Improvement Projects Budge include:
- An increase in funding of by $16.25 million (95 percent) for roadway patching and resurfacing in FY 2013.
- An increase in funding of $2.5 million (40 percent) for sidewalk and curb replacement in FY 2013.
- A new parking garage on the Rockville campus of Montgomery College by FY 2015.
- Design and construction of the Capital Crescent Trail, costing $49.5 million.
- Construction funding for the Metropolitan Branch Trail and the Silver Spring Green Trail.
- Construction of new bike trails along Frederick Road in Clarksburg, Needwood Road in Derwood and Gold Mine Road east of Brookeville.
POSTED AT: 9:00:00 AM