Thursday, August 27, 2009
Affects Routes 6, 18, 25 and 37
Montgomery County’s Ride On bus system will make changes to Ride On Routes 6, 18, 25, and 37 beginning September 6. The changes, which are the result of County studies and a public hearing held last spring, are described below:
Route 6 (Wheaton Metro Station – Montgomery Mall Transit Center)
- The new name for Route 6 will be Parkside/Grosvenor Metro - Montgomery Mall Transit Center, and the bus will run between these two locations.
- Rush hour service between the Wheaton Metro and Parkside/Grosvenor Metro will be eliminated on Route 6 and added to Route 37. (See description of Route 37 changes below for more details.)
- Midday service on the Route 6 between Parkside/Grosvenor Metro and Montgomery Mall will be restored.
Route 37 (Potomac – Grosvenor Metro)
- The new name for Route 37 will be Potomac –Wheaton Metro Station.
- The route will continue to operate between Potomac and the Grosvenor Metro. It will extend to the Wheaton Metro Station during rush hours, giving riders the option to travel between Wheaton and the Potomac Community Center without transferring.
- There will be no routing or bus frequency changes between the Potomac Community Center and Grosvenor Metro, although departure times will change slightly.
- Routing between Kensington and Wheaton will be changed to include Plyers Mill Road instead of University Boulevard. Bus service on Plyers Mill Road between Georgia Avenue and Brunswick Avenue is new service.
- Service on University Boulevard will continue to be provided by the Route 34 bus.
Route 18 (Silver Spring Metro/ Takoma Metro- Langley Park.)
- Route 18 will operate seven days a week.
- There will be new morning and afternoon rush hour service between the Silver Spring and Takoma Metro stations.
- New Route 18 service will include Philadelphia Avenue, Maple Avenue, and Washington Adventist Hospital.
- Service along Carroll Avenue, between Philadelphia and Flower avenues, will be provided by Ride On Routes 12 and 13.
Route 25 (Takoma Metro Station- Maple Ave)
- The new name for Route 25 will be Takoma Metro Station- Langley Park, and the bus will run between these two locations.
- Service on this route will extend to Langley Park.
- The route will operate only Monday through Friday during rush hour.
- Maplewood Avenue will no longer be served on Sunday.
- More service will be provided on Maple and Carroll avenues, with buses operating every 10 minutes during peak periods.
- Route 25 will no longer serve Washington Adventist Hospital. This portion of the route will be served by the new Route 18.
CATEGORIES: Ride On
POSTED AT: 10:16:00 AM