Friday, March 26, 2010
Gainsborough Road in Potomac will be repaved this spring using hot mix asphalt. Initial work is expected to start in late March, and should be completed in about four weeks, depending on the weather.
Crews will take the following steps:
- Survey the road and mark areas needing patching with white paint;
- Complete full depth patching;
- Mill pavement one to two inches near driveways and curbs;
- Adjust utilities so that manholes, water valve covers, etc. align with the new pavement;
- Seal cracks, where necessary;
- Pave with hot mix asphalt; and
- Replace lane markings.
For more information or to be added to the project newsletter mailing list, email Highway Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.