Monday, June 28, 2010
The Maryland Department of Transportation’s State Highway Administration, working with the Montgomery County Department of Transportation, opened two new access ramps to MD 355 (Rockville Pike) on June 17 and June 18.
The ramp from Montrose Parkway to northbound MD 355 and the ramp from northbound Hoya Street, formerly “old” Old Georgetown Road, to southbound MD 355 are now permanently open to traffic. With these ramps open, the access to MD 355 from Montrose Road, Montrose Parkway, and Hoya Street will be closed.
With the new traffic patterns, access to northbound MD 355 is described below:
- Drivers traveling on Montrose Parkway use the existing signal to turn left or right at the entrance of the new ramp to northbound MD 355;
- Drivers traveling on northbound Hoya Street turn right onto eastbound Montrose Parkway and turn left at the existing signal at the entrance of the new ramp; and
- Drivers traveling on Montrose Road turn right onto Hoya Street, turn left onto eastbound Montrose Parkway, and turn left at the existing signal at the entrance of the new ramp.
To access southbound MD 355:
- Drivers traveling westbound on Montrose Parkway turn right at Hoya Street and continue to the new ramp;
- Drivers traveling eastbound on Montrose Parkway turn left at Hoya Street and continue to the new ramp;
- Drivers on eastbound Montrose Road turn left at Hoya Street and continue to the new ramp; and
- Drivers on northbound Hoya Street continue straight to the new ramp.
POSTED AT: 2:00:00 AM