Monday, September 21, 2009
This afternoon, County Executive Isiah Leggett announced new additions to our recycling programs!
Specifically, the details of the expanded recycling programs are that we now accept these materials:
Commingled Materials (these are the materials which go into your blue bin)
Mixed Paper Items (include the following paper materials in your wheeled mixed paper recycling cart, or place into a small paper bag or a small cardboard box with a secure lid, or bundle)
- Milk and juice cartons (remove plastic caps from milk and juice cartons)
- Frozen food boxes (frozen vegetables and meals)
- Cardboard ice cream containers and lids
- Paper coffee and beverage cups
- Fruit and produce boxes (wax-coated)
- Juice and drink boxes
Do you have the recycling containers you need? If not, you may order blue bins and wheeled paper carts online!
-- posted by Susanne
Comment on this post