Board of Appeals
Board of Investment Trustees
Community Engagement Cluster
Community Use of Public Facilities
Correction & Rehabilitation
County Attorney's Office
County Executive's Office
Emergency Mgmt & Homeland Security
Fire and Rescue Service
Health & Human Services
Housing and Community Affairs
Legislative Oversight Office
Management and Budget Office
Merit System Protection Board
Public Information Office
State's Attorney's Office
Zoning & Administrative Hearings
For Immediate Release: 9/9/2013
|MCDOT Residents’ Guide Now Available in Multiple Languages|
The Montgomery County Department of Transportation’s (MCDOT) Resident’s Guide to Services is now available in Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese. The guide provides phone, website and email contacts that direct residents to more information about all of MCDOT’s basic services as well as those provided by the Maryland State Highway Administration.
Services of the following divisions that are highlighted in the guide include:
• Office of the Director: Adopt-a-Road, beautification grants, graffiti removal, pedestrian safety, storm drain marking and Keep Montgomery County Beautiful.
• Transit Services: Ride On schedules and information, commuter services, taxicab licensing and special transportation programs, especially those aimed at seniors and persons with disabilities.
• Transportation Engineering: Sidewalks, ADA ramps, bikeways, bridges, storm drains, public roads and highways and transit facilities.
• Parking Management: County parking garages and lots, parking permits, Cash Key, parking meters, parking enforcement and tickets.
• Traffic Engineering: Residential parking, lane markings and crosswalk striping, traffic calming measures, traffic signals and streetlights.
Copies of the guide in English and the other languages are available on the County’s website.
|Release ID: 13-266
Media Contact: Esther Bowring 240-777-6507
Return to News Releases