Board of Appeals
Board of Investment Trustees
Community Engagement Cluster
Community Use of Public Facilities
Correction & Rehabilitation
County Attorney's Office
County Executive's Office
Emergency Mgmt & Homeland Security
Fire and Rescue Service
Health & Human Services
Housing and Community Affairs
Legislative Oversight Office
Management and Budget Office
Merit System Protection Board
Public Information Office
State's Attorney's Office
Zoning & Administrative Hearings
For Immediate Release: 1/30/2014
|Two Millionth Call Milestone for Montgomery County’s Online and Telephone Customer Service System|
Montgomery County Executive Isiah Leggett today visited the County’s MC311 Customer Service Center to congratulate Customer Service Representative Tamara Tyler who, on January 24, fielded a call from the two-millionth customer. Stuart Helfman, a Gaithersburg resident, who had called earlier in the day to report a dead deer behind his house, called back in the afternoon to check on the progress of his report. He was advised by Tyler that Animal Services would handle his request within 24 hours. Helfman's afternoon call was the two-millionth call to the call center.
To celebrate this major milestone, Leggett presented both the caller and the call taker with a one-year pass to the County’s indoor aquatic centers.
The MC311 system was launched on June 17, 2010 implementing the centralized Customer Service Center to enhance public access to community services with one easy-to-remember number and a website available 24/7.
“MC311 puts all of Montgomery County’s services and information at our residents’ fingertips whether online or on the telephone,” said Leggett. “Over the past several years, call volume has continued to rise as does the website’s online views. We have provided a valuable service to our residents and I am happy that customer satisfaction has been so high.”
Since the customer service center opened approximately three-and-a-half years ago, call volume has averaged more than 40,000 calls per month. The 311 web portal, www.MC311.com, which allows residents to find answers and check on the status of service requests, has consistently averaged 25,000 views per month. The most recent Customer Satisfaction Survey of hundreds of MC311 call center users showed that more than 85 percent of callers were satisfied with their overall 311 experience.
Features of the MC311 Customer Service Center include:
• Customers can call one easy-to-remember number or the 10-digit number, 240-777-0311, to access Montgomery County information and services.
• Customers can access information and create or track service requests created on the website at www.MC311.com.
• Weekday operations from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. The call center is closed on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
• Trained Spanish-speaking representatives plus a language interpretation service for other languages.
• TTY access by calling 301-251-4850.
• A state-of-the-art database of information and services about County government that can be continually updated.
• A system that quickly incorporates real time information in case of a weather-related incident or community event/emergency, like a water main break, H1N1 flu epidemic.
For more information about MC311, call the Office of Public Information at 240-777-6507 or visit www.MC311.com.
|Release ID: 14-041
Media Contact: Sue Tucker 240-777-6507
Return to News Releases