|The Department of General Services is proud to announce the launch of its new website
The Department of General Services is proud to announce the launch of its new website www.montgomerycountymd.gov/dgs/home.html
. The website allows for easier access to critical and interesting information for residents, businesses and other County departments and agencies. Key features include:
- A user-friendly list of all services the Department provides, including direct links to popular pages such as how to register a business with the County and report a problem with a County facility.
- Detailed information on all formal, informal and open County solicitations.
- A search tool for all current County contracts, as well as access to reports on County contracting volume, and minority and small business engagement.
- A direct link to the award-winning Neighborhood Projects page that provides detailed information about County building construction projects.
- Registration and other important information for businesses interested in contracting with the County, including the Local Small Business Reserve Program, the Minority, Female and Disabled-Owned Businesses program, and the County’s Living Wage and Prevailing Wage programs.
- New pages highlighting the Department’s Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliance Program and new Office of Energy and Sustainability.
- Access to leases and licenses of County-owned and leased properties.
- Background and updates on important County projects such as the County Executive’s Smart Growth Initiative and other special development activities.
- Extensive information about the County fleet, including the Green Fleet Strategy and other information of public interest.
- A list displaying notices of current events of public interest, including procurement-related notices, project updates, public meetings and business outreach events.
# # #
The Department of General Services’ new website furthers County Executive Isiah Leggett’s efforts to improve government transparency, accessibility and efficiency, adding to other initiatives such as the launch of MC311, CountyStat and openMontgomery website. The new website can be found at www.montgomerycountymd.gov/dgs/home.html
|Release ID: 14-143
Return to News Releases