I Want To ...
Services & Info.
County Cable 6
Summer Storm Update from Montgomery County; July 26, 10 p.m.
The latest news is the following:
- 145,500 Pepco customers remain without power in Montgomery County.
- 203 traffic signals remain dark. Police officers are directing traffic at 60 intersections and temporary stop signs have been located at others.
- Treat all “dark” intersections as four-way stops. Stop – then proceed cautiously. This is critically important to ensuring vehicular and pedestrian safety.
- All WSSC water restrictions have been lifted.
- To report power outages, call Pepco at 877-737-2662, Allegheny Power at 800-255-3443, or Baltimore Gas & Electric at 877-778-2222.
- To report “hot” or sparkling wires, especially those across roadways, call 911.
- To report downed trees in the public right-of-way, call 3-1-1, or, if calling from outside Montgomery County, 240-777-0311.
- Three County roads remain blocked by fallen trees or downed wires.
- Ride On will operate tomorrow on a normal schedule. Expect some delays due to signal outages and detours. Check www.rideonbus.com for more information.
- Trash and recycling pickups will operate on normal schedules.
- One shelter remains open – Richard Montgomery High School, 250 Richard Montgomery Drive in Rockville.
- All County swimming pools except the Montgomery Aquatics Center and Wheaton/Glenmont will be open.
- Montgomery County Recreation Department Summer camps, programs and activities will be conducted on Tuesday July 27, 2010 with the exceptions of programs held at MCPS schools without power. No extended care and bus transportation will be provided. Check www.montgomerycountymd.gov/rec for the complete list of closures.
- Cabin John Ice Rink and the South Germantown Splash Park and Miniature Golf facility are open. The Cabin John and Wheaton miniature trains are closed, as is the Wheaton Carousel and also the Brookside Gardens and Locust Grove Nature Centers. Go to www.MontgomeryParks.org for full list and updates.
- County government departments located at 255 Rockville Pike are closed. Also without power are the following libraries: Potomac, Little Falls, Aspen Hill, Davis, Silver Spring, Kensington, Noyes, and Wheaton. Also without power are the Holiday Park and Schweinhaut senior centers.
- Check www.montgomerycountymd.gov for updated information on County facilities, programs, and services.
# # #
|Release ID: 10-300
Media Contact: Patrick Lacefield 240-777-6528
» Return to News Releases