Montgomery County today announced the launch of its new website for County government at www.montgomerycountymd.gov. The new site has been redesigned with a fresh look, new and enhanced features and easier and more straightforward navigation tools.
“The new site was ‘soft’ launched in early May and since then our IT staff have fine-tuned the site and incorporated additional ideas and suggestions that were submitted by visitors to the test web portal,” said County Executive Isiah Leggett. “I believe that we have developed a site that is not only more attractive and easier to navigate, but more user-friendly and comprehensive.”
The new site, designed by the County’s Department of Technology Services and Office of Public Information, was upgraded in response to users’ requests for certain improvements. One of the enhancements is greater accessibility for disabled and non-English speaking constituents.
Some of the other improvements include the following:
• maintains consistent branding while improving navigation and usability;
• utilizes more screen real estate;
• supports popular desktop and mobile devices and browsers;
• incorporates and/or interfaces with emerging technologies including a new content management system, MC311, social networking sites and cloud services to more cost-effectively collaborate with and deliver content to user communities; and
• improves the County’s competitive standing to better attract residents and businesses.
For more information, call 240-777-6507.
# # #