Board of Appeals
Board of Investment Trustees
Community Engagement Cluster
Community Use of Public Facilities
Correction & Rehabilitation
County Attorney's Office
County Executive's Office
Emergency Mgmt & Homeland Security
Fire and Rescue Service
Health & Human Services
Housing and Community Affairs
Legislative Oversight Office
Management and Budget Office
Merit System Protection Board
Public Information Office
State's Attorney's Office
Zoning & Administrative Hearings
For Immediate Release: 6/13/2013
|Summer Storm Update from Montgomery County -- June 13, 7:15 p.m.|
*All storm warnings and watches for Montgomery County have been lifted by the National Weather Service.
*Today’s storm tracked from the western to eastern portions of Montgomery County with the middle area of the County being the hardest hit. The time period for heaviest rain and high winds was between 3:45 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
*Areas hardest hit in Montgomery County by the storm included Rockville, Wheaton, Aspen Hill and Olney.
*No major injuries were reported.
* For emergency assistance and to report “hot” wires or sparking wires, especially those across roadways, residents should call 9-1-1.
* Residents are urged to check on their neighbors, particularly seniors or those with special needs.
* Downed trees and wires are still blocking several roads. Treat all downed wires as live wires.
* Approximately 26 County traffic signals remain without power. Treat all dark intersections as four-way stops. Proceed cautiously.
* About 22,000 Pepco customers in Montgomery County are currently without power.
*Ride On bus service is operating on its normal schedule but is experiencing delays in areas with downed trees and power lines.
* Residents can report non-emergency downed trees in the public right-of-way on the MC311website www.MC311.com, which is available 24/7. Between the hours of 7 am and 7 pm, call 3-1-1 from within Montgomery County or 240-777-0311 from a cell phone or from outside the County.
* To report power outages, call Pepco at 1-877-737-2662, Potomac Edison at 1-888-544-4877 or Baltimore Gas and Electric at 1-877-778-2222.
|Release ID: 13-178
Media Contact: Patrick Lacefield 301-919-9372
Return to News Releases