For Immediate Release: 6/18/2013
|Montgomery County Receives 18 NACo Achievement Awards|
Among the NACo awards was a “Best of Category” given to the Office of the County Executive for its submission, “Doing More With Less on Language Access.” This additional category was initiated in 1998 to highlight outstanding model programs submitted to the awards competition.
“Our employees constantly strive to initiate and implement programs that serve the residents of Montgomery County,” said County Executive Isiah Leggett. “I am proud of their accomplishments and happy that NACo has recognized their efforts.”
The following departments and programs received awards:
• Consumer Protection – Commission on Common Ownership Communities Dispute Resolution Program; “Wheel of Employment” Transportation Needed to Keep Residents Working;
• Correction and Rehabilitation – Cell Phones for Correctional Work Release Program; Library Book Repair Program;
• Office of the County Executive – Doing More With Less on Language Access; White Flint Implementation Program;
• General Services – Facilities Lighting Fixtures Energy Efficiency Upgrade and Operating and Maintenance Cost Reduction;
• Health and Human Services – DHHS Website Redesign;
• Human Resources – The Rewarding Excellence Program;
• Liquor Control – iPad and iForm Inspection Project; Nighttime Economy Summit;
• Public Information – Emergency Medical Services Transport Law Public Education Campaign; MC311 Customer Service Center and Website; “Montgomery al Dia” (Montgomery Today) – Montgomery County’s Spanish Language Radio Show;
• PUBLIC LIBRARIES/CORRECTION AND REHABILITATION – LIBRARY BOOK REPAIR PROGRAM;
• Recreation – Montgomery County Recreation Sports Academy Fitness Challenge;
• Technology Services – Ask the CIO; BikeShare Research Tool; and openMontgomery.
For more information about the NACo Achievement Awards, go to www.naco.org.
|Release ID: 13-186
Media Contact: Sue Tucker 240-777-6507
Return to News Releases