Property Manager's Guide to Recycling
Montgomery County Executive Regulation 15-04AM
requires all multi-family properties to recycle certain materials. Recognizing that each property has unique characteristics and
faces a different set of challenges, we want to assist you in tailoring your program to your specific situation. This guide is
intended to help you develop an exemplary program that is successful, efficient, and cost-effective.
The handbook includes sections on:
- Recycling and Waste Reduction Basics
- Recycling Checklist
- Developing a Convenient Collection System
- Contract for Collection Service and Marketing your Recyclables
- Know Your Residents and Promote your Program
- Evaluate your Program
- Meet the County's requirements
- Case Studies: "A-Rated Recycling Programs in Montgomery County"
- Important forms including Waste Reduction and Recycling Plans and Multi-Family Property Annual Recycling Report forms
The complete Property Manager's Guide file is 1 MB. If you prefer downloading smaller segments:
- Introduction (.pdf, 323 kb)
- Section 1: Know Your Waste and Recyclables (.pdf, 62 kb)
- Section 2: Develop a Convenient Collection System (.pdf, 177 kb)
- Section 3: Contract for Collections and Marketing Your Recyclables (.pdf, 110 kb)
- Section 4: Know Your Residents and Promote Your Program (.pdf, 134 kb)
- Section 5: Evaluate Your Program (.pdf, 47 kb)
- Section 6: Meet County Requirements (.pdf, 403 kb)
- Appendix A: Waste Prevention Tips (.pdf, 62 kb)
- Appendix B: Dealers of In-Home Storage Containers (.pdf, 70 kb)
- Appendix C: Dealers of Central Storage Containers (.pdf, 79 kb)
- Appendix D: Service Providers in Montgomery County (.pdf, 70 kb)
- Appendix E: Recycling Surveys (.pdf, 71 kb)
- Appendix F: Calculate Your Recycling Rate (.pdf, 52 kb)
Have questions about your order?
Call the Montgomery County Customer Service Center at 311 (out-of-County: 240‑777‑0311, TTY: 301‑251‑4850).