New road maintenance projects by the Division of Highway Services are beginning in local subdivisions.
Paving projects, in which crews will make full depth patching, mill of the older road surface, and resurface the local streets with hot mix asphalt:
* Peachwood Subdivision, to begin the week of July 16. The work will take 3 - 4 weeks depending on weather. Work hours will be between 7 am and 5 pm, Monday – Friday.
* South Four Corners, to begin this summer and take 4 – 6 weeks to complete. Work hours will be between 7 am and 5 pm, Monday – Friday.
Permanent patching projects, in which crews make structural, permanent patches to the road, a cost effective interim solution to maintain roadway structural integrity based upon current funding allocations:
* Watch for a future announcement of upcoming projects.
Pavement preservation projects, in which crews will be undertaking pavement preservation work. This will entail full depth patching of pavement deteriorations, crack sealing, and application of a micro resurfacing material.
* Bells Mill Road, to begin the week of July 22 and take 1 – 2 weeks to complete. The work will be performed at night between 8 pm and 5 am.
* Edson Lane, to begin July 16 and take 1 – 2 weeks to complete. Construction hours will be between 7 am and 5 pm, Monday – Friday. The work may also occur at night between 8 pm and 5 am.
* Mahan Road and Ferrara Drive, to begin the week of July 23 and take 3 - 4 weeks to complete. All work will be scheduled between 9 am and 3 pm.
Concrete curb, gutter, and sidewalk repairs, in which crews will be replacing defective sections of curbs or sidewalks to ensure structural integrity, proper drainage, and avoidance of tripping hazards. Under this operation, residents will be able to take advantage of discounts for concrete work under the driveway apron and lead walk repair program. Upcoming projects include:
* Franklin Knolls, to begin after July 1 and should be completed by Fall 2013.
For more information on resurfacing projects throughout the county, visit the Division of Highway Services’ website or call 311, Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 5:00 pm (TTY, call 301-251-4850), or use the MC311 website.