Location: Judicial Center, Room 215
Phone: (240) 777-9490
Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The functions of the Finance Office are primarily general accounting, procurement, and administrative duties to include the following:
- Duties related to receipts include accepting various receipts over the counter and by mail; verifying and depositing daily to the state depository bank the revenues received from Civil, Criminal, Duplications, Family, Finance Office, License, Recording, and Reproduction Departments; and completing and transmitting the appropriate forms to record and distribute the revenues.
- Duties related to expenditures include purchasing and distributing office supplies, furniture and equipment; transmitting invoices for payment; maintaining office supplies, furniture and equipment inventory records; preparing the budget for the Clerk and Family Child Support Unit; and maintaining the records that track the actual expenditures incurred during the fiscal year.
- Duties related to depositing and distributing funds designated by court order to be held in the Registry of the Court; completing statements of costs for court fees and fines in criminal cases, and completing collection procedures for delinquent accounts; refunding bonds; distributing amounts collected for fines and bond forfeitures to appropriate entities; and maintaining the accounting records documenting the above.
- Duties related to maintaining the time and attendance of all Clerk's Office employees, providing information on benefits, new employee orientations, coordination of health benefits and various services for the Clerk’s staff.
- Duties related to the telecommunications system for the Clerk's Office.