The Offeror must propose a complete turn-key solution to provide a new modern, state-of-the-art P25 Radio System, utilizing existing infrastructure (e.g., towers, shelters, or other ancillary equipment) and proposing
additional equipment if required and in accordance with this RFP. The scope of the Project includes modernizing the following existing functionalities/capabilities:
- A 20 channel Simulcast Smartzone software version 3.0 radio system comprised of ten remote radio sites (the “11th” site is co-located at the Prime Site), a Prime and a backup Prime site, a primary and a backup dispatch center (total of 56 console positions), and a Master Site.
- Backbone network infrastructure transport connecting the radio sites.
- Enhancing radio coverage around the County especially in buildings and by the Potomac River.
- Existing radio site buildings, shelters, or enclosures maintaining R56 or equivalent compliance.
- P25 Phase 1 and P25 Phase 2 - compliant radio communications system.
- Installation of additional Radio Tower sites planned as part of the Project, if necessary and permissible under the Project budget as determined by the County. (Note: The County reserves the right to have an alternate vendor perform construction services for new or existing Radio System antennae sites.)
The P25 Radio System will touch upon other PSSM projects including Fire Station Alerting System and Computer Aided Dispatch Modernization.
Offeror must propose to provide and implement a successful turn-key solution, to include all system and product design, equipment, installation, testing, commissioning, training, transition, warranty, construction, and
services identified in this RFP. This includes migration of system data and feature functionality from the County’s existing system(s), and implementation of the turn-key solution.