1. A complaint must be filed in writing and must contain the name and address of the person filing it and a brief description, including the date and location, of the alleged violation. If necessary, an alternative means of filing the complaint or receiving the response may be requested.
2. Complaints should be filed in as timely a manner as possible but no later than 60 business days after the alleged violation.
An investigation by the
5. The complainant can request a reconsideration of the case in instances where he or she is dissatisfied with the resolution. The request for reconsideration should be made in writing, or in an alternative format upon request, to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) within 30 business days of receiving the ADA Compliance Officer’s decision.
6. The CAO or designee will review the complaint, conduct an additional investigation if appropriate, and respond to the complainant in writing, or in an alternative format upon request, within 30 business days after receipt of the request for reconsideration. A copy of the CAO’s response will be forwarded to the ADA Compliance Officer.
The ADA Compliance Officer will maintain copies of all
These rules shall be construed to protect the
substantive rights of interested persons to meet appropriate due process
standards and to assure that
9. Use of this grievance process does not preclude the complainant from filing an administrative complaint with the designated federal agency or filing a lawsuit for injunctive relief and damages. An individual may choose to pursue any or all of these methods.