MCFRS News Release
MCFRS is Accepting Applications for Firefighter/Rescuer I
Candidates Must Possess Specific Levels of Training/Certification
Closing Date: July 8, 2011
Rockville - - - The Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service is recruiting for the position of Firefighter/Rescuer I (Recruit). All applicants must meet specific levels of training and certification in order to qualify for consideration. This recruitment will be used to establish an eligibility list for two upcoming recruit classes.
Starting Salary for all applicants hired: $41,613
The Firefighter/Rescuer I (Recruit) position is an entry level position. Applicants must possess the following certifications to be considered eligible for the position:
1) NFPA Firefighter II Certification
2) NFPA Hazardous Material Operations Certification (minimum of 24 hours)
3) Maryland Certified EMT-B, CRT, or EMT-P*
- Must be documented with a photocopy of your current certification (MarylandEMT-B, CRT or EMT-P).
* Maryland State Certification of EMT-B, CRT or EMT-P must be maintained throughout the hiring process.
For important information regarding the recruitment process, required certifications/documentations, critical dates and exam information, applicants should access the job posting at: www.montgomerycountymd.gov and click on careers. Applications that do not meet the specific requirements of this recruitment will be deemed ineligible.
Montgomery County is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
It is the policy of Montgomery County to conduct all employment activities in a manner
that will ensure equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race,