Are you seeking a North American location for your company? Look no further. Montgomery County, Maryland offers one of the most strategic locations in all of North America. The county’s neighbor to the southeast is Washington, D.C., providing immediate access to the largest combined public and private marketplace in the U.S.
|For more information, download our brochure: Montgomery County, Maryland : The Smart Location for your North American operation!
The Department of Economic Development can help!
- The Montgomery County Department of Economic Development (DED) provides locational assistance to foreign companies seeking to establish or expand operations in Montgomery County, Maryland. With over 100 foreign affiliates currently located in Montgomery County and 500 in the State of Maryland, the county has a great deal to offer in terms of a strong pro-business attitude and an excellent quality of life.
- Sites and Building Assistance: We work directly with you, real estate developers and agents to identify the best possible sites that meet your particular requirements.
- Incentives: We work hand-in-hand with you, outside bankers and the county’s own internal finance professionals to coordinate and package the highest level of financial incentives. These incentives can include direct financing, training funds, tax credits and technical assistance.
- Fast track permitting assistance: We help by expediting the permitting process.
- Referrals: We identify local attorneys, accountants and banks with expertise in areas such as immigration, incorporation or financial services that will team up with you to expedite the establishment of your North American subsidiary.
- Cultural: We provide information about international schools, community and cultural organizations to help relocated employees enjoy their new home to the fullest.
- On-Going Assistance: Once your company has located in Montgomery County, we maintain open communication to enhance your competitiveness and growth. We will also coordinate programs available such as workforce training, financing, exporting, marketing and technical assistance.
For assistance, please contact our International Team:
Adrienne van Lare
Tel: (240) 777-2036
Bernadette G. Musselwhite
Tel.: (240) 777-2045
Useful Resources for Foreign Investors:
Guide to Federal Incentives and Programs available to Investors
Published by the U.S. Department of Commerce/Invest in America, this document highlights federal incentives and programs available to investors in the United States. Program, contact and agency details are provided.
Doing Business in the U.S. - Top Business Guides for Foreign Companies
Maryland Business Basics (published by the State of Maryland)
The U.S. Department of Commerce/Invest in America program provides links to the top Investment Guides for Foreign Companies. Visit their website to access these helpful resources on Doing Business in the U.S.
To help foreign companies successfully establish a Maryland operation, the Maryland Department of Business and Economic Development released Maryland Business Basics, a free, comprehensive resource. The 15-page guide includes international business assistance information on such topics as: Legal & Taxes, Labor & Workforce; Immigration & Visas; and Intellectual Property & Confidential Information.