Portal Navigation Links (Level 1):
Portal Navigation Links (Level 2):
News | County
Executive | County Council | Departments
| Services (A to Z)
| Online Services
County Cable 6 | Transportation
| Education |
Careers | Volunteers
| Contact Us
DHCA Navigation Links:
| Department of Housing and Community Affairs|
- An accessory apartment is a completely independent living facility with separate cooking, eating, sanitation and sleeping facilities that is either in or added to an existing single-family dwelling or in a separate accessory structure on the same lot as an existing dwelling.
- There are zoning and code enforcement requirements that must be met before renting an Accessory Apartment.
- These units may only be located in owner-occupied single family detached homes and the property owner must be granted a special exception by the Board of Appeals.
- Any property owner interested in this program should contact the Board of Appeals at 240-777-6600 for details.
Registered Living Units
- Registered Living units are similar to accessory apartments, except that the units are occupied rent-free by either a relative or household employee of the owner occupant.
Alerts | Awards
Policy | User
Rights | Accessibility
| Language Translations
| County Code | RSS
| Blogs | Mobile
Copyright Montgomery County Government All Rights