Portal Navigation Links (Level 1):
Portal Navigation Links (Level 2):
News | County
Executive | County Council | Departments
| Services (A to Z)
| Online Services
County Cable 6 | Transportation
| Education |
Careers | Volunteers
| Contact Us
DOT - Sidewalks and Biking Navigation Links:
News and Events
Parking Meters to be installed in Greater Shady Grove.
With adoption of the county’s FY13 Operating Budget, County Council has initiated charges for parking on several streets in the Greater Shady Grove Transportation Management District (TMD).
New Online Monthly Permit Access Sale
· The Montgomery County Department of Transportation, Division of Parking Management will be offering a new online access for the purchase of monthly parking permits. Beginning March 1, 2013 residents can purchase online the monthly PCS permits (PCS - Parking Convenience Sticker) and the AM/PM monthly permits by clicking on this link:
Click here for Online PCS Monthly Parking Permit Access.
This new process will streamline the permit sales, enhance the level of service and speed up the access for permits. Once the purchase is made the permits immediately go in queue and are processed by mail. The online access will allow customers to purchase PCS permits for Bethesda, Montgomery Hills, North Bethesda, Silver Spring and Wheaton, as well as the AM/PM monthly permits. Residents not wishing to purchase the permits online will still be able to obtain the monthly permits by regular mail or in-person at the sales stores. For more information contact the sales stores, for Bethesda call (240) 777-8770 and for Silver Spring Call (240-777-8744.
Silver Spring Parking Rate Increase
· The County Council for Montgomery County has approved a parking rate increase in Silver Spring effective January 1, 2013. Click here for additional information. Parking rate will be a follows:
· Short-term parking (4 hours of less)
o $1.00 per hour
· Long-term parking (More than 4 hours)
o $0.65 per hour
· Parking Convenience Sticker (PCS)
o $123.00 per month
· Garages 60 and 61 ($1.00 per hour)
o Monthly Permit ($189.00 per month)
North Bethesda Parking Rate Increase
· The County Council for Montgomery County has approved a parking rate increase in North Bethesda effective January 1, 2013. Click here for additional information. Parking rate will be a follows:
o Short-term parking (4 hours or less)
§ $1.00 per hour
o Long-term parking (more than 4 hours)
§ $0.65 per hour
o Parking Convenience Sticker (PCS)
§ $123.00 per month
(Rehabilitation of Old Georgetown Pedestrian Bridge
· For more information please click here
Lot 31 and 31A Closure
o Beginning on or about April 1, 2012, two surface parking lots in Bethesda (known as Lots 31 and 31A), located at the intersection of Woodmont and Bethesda avenues, will close for about 30 months for the construction of a public-private partnership project that will more than triple the number of public parking spaces available on the site. One to two months after the project begins, Woodmont Avenue between Bethesda Avenue and Leland Street will also close for about 20 months. The adjacent Capital Crescent Trail will remain open during the entire construction project. For additional information please visit www.bethesda.org/lot31
· Lot 39 Closure
o Beginning on or about March 1, 2012 the Del Ray Avenue Public Parking Lot (Lot 39) will permanently close. Long-term and short-term parking is available at the Auburn-Del Ray Parking Garage (Garage 36). Garage 36 is conveniently located less than one block away. For additional information please click here.
- Pay-by-Cell Phone Parking
o Pay-by-cell phone parking is know available at approximately 11,000 parking meters located in Bethesda, Silver Spring, Wheaton, Montgomery Hills, and North Bethesda. In each area, participating meters will be individually labeled with the telephone number and website for ParkNow and the meter number. A $0.35 transaction fee will apply to each pay-by-cell parking session.
o For more information or to register for a Pay-by-Cell Phone Parking account please visit http://mc.goparknow.com/
· Spring-Colesville Garage (Garage 21) Partially Open
o 45-3 hour parking spaces and 4 Handicap spaces will be open to serve the needs of short-term parkers. Long-term parking will be available at the Spring-Cameron Garage (Garage 2) and Town Square Garage (Garage 61). Follow the Parking Detour Signs for additional parking. Click here for map of alternative parking.
· Now Accepting Credit Cards
o All major credit cards are now accepted at select parking garages in Bethesda, Silver Spring and Wheaton.
§ Bethesda: Woodmont Avenue Garage (Garage 11), Metropolitan Garage (Garage 49)
§ Silver Spring: Wayne Avenue Garage (Garage 60), Town Square Garage (Garage 61), Cameron-Second Ave Garage (Garage 7), King-13th Street Garage (Garage 16).
§ Wheaton: Amherst Avenue Garage (Garage 45)
· Silver Spring Transit Center Project (SSTC)
o Effective September 28th 2008 construction will commence on the Silver Spring Transit Center project. This project is expected to last until 2013. Parking may be effected during the SSTC construction project. The Bonifant Street entrance to garage 5 (Bonifant-Dixon Garage) will be closed for the duration of the project. For alternative parking options please click here: SSTC Parking Options.
- Garage Repairs/Renovations
- Overtime Parking
- It is illegal to park longer than the hours stated on the parking meter, and inserting additional coins or adding value using Pay-By-Cell after the time has elasped does not extend the allowable time a vehicle may remain parked in the same space.
- The fine for overtime parking is $50.
- Long Term parking is available at public parking lots and garages.
For further information on parking projects, please call the Montgomery County Parking Project Information Line @ 240-777-8700. For other general questions on parking, please call our office @ 240-777-8740.
Alerts | Awards
Policy | User
Rights | Accessibility
| Language Translations
| County Code | RSS
| Blogs | Mobile
Copyright Montgomery County Government All Rights