Fleet Management Services is committed to environmental
protection and pollution prevention in our operations.
Some highlights of our program include:
• Purchasing environmentally-compliant vehicles, including
flex-fuel, hybrid, compressed natural gas and clean diesel
• Reducing the use of larger-than-necessary vehicles such as SUVs
and obtaining the most fuel-efficient vehicles available
• Car Share Program
• Purchasing environmentally-preferable products for use in our
• Reducing energy use
• Reducing waste from our operations
• Reducing pollution in storm water runoff from our facilities
• Recycling of materials used in our operations
• Raising the environmental awareness of our staff & customers
Montgomery County Fleet Management is
2009 Nationwide Green Fleet Award Winner
Click the links below for details of our environmental
• Spill Prevention & Control
• Storm Water Management
• Waste Reduction & Recycling
Fleet Management Services is committed to the safety of our
employees. Since mid-2007, we have undertaken a total revamping of
our Safety Program.
Fleet Management provides a full array of safety and personal
protective equipment that our employees are required to use when
performing job duties, including the state-of-the-art Fall
Protection System shown below.
Fleet Management conducts monthly Safety Meetings at each facility
for each shift (3 shifts per day). During these meetings, safety
issues are raised, noted and discussed. Items noted are addressed
and corrected. A different training topic is presented each month.
Some of the topics we present include:
Walking & Working Surfaces; Fall Arrest; Hazard Communication;
Control of Hazardous Energy-Lockout/Tagout; Personal Protective
Equipment; Back Safety; Spill Prevention & Control; Pollution
Prevention; Hand & Power Tools; Machine Guarding; Fire Safety;
Welding, Cutting & Brazing; Crane & Sling Safety; Lift Safety; and
Fleet Management Services and the Municipal & County Government
Employees Organization that represents most of Fleet’s employees
formed a joint labor-management Safety Committee to address Fleet
Management safety issues.