Department of General Services
FLEET MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Waste Reduction and Recycling
Fleet Management Services has made great strides in reducing waste in our operations. Some examples of our efforts include:
• Use of microbial parts washers – no solvents – no hazardous waste
• Substituted aerosol spray cans with refillable pump spray cans for brake cleaner, engine cleaner, glass cleaner, etc.
• Substituted hazardous chemical products with more environmentally-friendly, lower VOC products – less or no hazardous waste and healthier employees
• Puncture and recycle metal aerosol product cans
• Recycle scrap metal
• Recycle antifreeze, used oil, batteries, scrap tires, etc.
• Recycle fluorescent light tubes
• Collect and properly dispose of mercury-containing switches and thermostats
• Regularly train employees concerning pollution prevention
of Fleet Management Services - Department of General Services
116630 Crabbs Branch Way - Rockville, MD. 20855
240.777.5730 - 240.777.5652 (fax) email@example.com - Technical Contact for Fleet's site: IT Specialist