The Montgomery County Correctional Facility (MCCF), located in Boyds Maryland (near Clarksburg), is responsible for the custody and care of male and female offenders who are either in a pre-trial status or serving sentences of up to 18 months. The facility's current capacity is 1,028 inmates. Following an initial intake screening at the Montgomery County Detention Center (MCDC), inmates are transferred to the Correctional Facility.
MCCF is organized into three major functional areas (Custody & Security, Inmate Services & Programs, and Facility Operations); each area is managed by a Deputy Warden.
The mission of the Correctional Facility is to protect and serve the citizens of Montgomery County and the general public by providing progressive and comprehensive correctional services to all inmates. This is accomplished by the implementation of a wide variety of programs and services including:
- A safe and secure environment for inmates, staff, and visitors
- Acute and chronic medical care and dental services
- Religious services, a therapeutic substance abuse program, and self-help programs
- A youthful offender unit (Moral Reconation Therapy-MRT) treatment program for inmates ages 21 and under
- MRT treatment programs for both adult men and women
- Mental health services for crisis intervention, assessment, treatment and a Crisis Intervention Unit (CIU) to provide a safe and humane environment for offenders exhibiting acute and/or chronic symptoms that preclude them from general population housing.
- The Model Learning Center, which operates full-time educational, vocational, and special education programs
- A full service library, multi-purpose and recreation program areas, and therapeutic recreational programs
- A classification and case management system to determine risk and custody level and to assess each inmate's needs
- Community release social services and judicial coordination to assist with effective community and family reintegration
- An employment development program which instills positive work habits and skills to enhance employability upon release
- A One Stop Employment Center to assist with skills assessment and job searches to secure sustainable post release employment
Inmates' eligibility and program interests are determined upon entry into the facility. Each inmate is assigned a Case Manager whose responsibilities include facilitating successful community reintegration by aiding the offender with difficult decisions, making appropriate referrals, and providing general guidance. All inmates are encouraged to participate in available programs and to utilize their time wisely and productively while at the facility.