The coordinating group consists of one or more employees of each of the following agencies:
- Office of Minority Affairs in the Office of the Chief Administrative Officer
- Office of Human Rights
- Housing Opportunities Commission
- Department of Economic Development
- Department of Housing and Community Affairs
- Government service centers
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Commission for Women
In addition, the Executive may designate one or more members of the Executive's staff, and employees of any other County department or office, to serve on the coordinating group. The Executive must also invite the County Council, the Montgomery County public schools, and the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission to designate one or more staff members to serve as full members of the group.
In order to create a public forum and encourage diverse participation, the Executive must invite representatives of the housing industry and active community groups to participate in meetings.
For additional information, call the Office of Human Rights at 240/777-8450 or by TTY at 240/777-8480.