Text Version      
Montgomery County Maryland top half of the county seal
Home | Translate   bottom half of the county seal
empty space above portal links

Resident's Guide to Services

Call 311 to Get It Done!

  • Outside of Montgomery County, call 240-777-0311
  • The TTY (for the hearing impaired) number is 240-773-3556

Get Adobe Acrobat ReaderShare this information with your organisation, neighborhood, and other groups. Your computer needs to have the Acrobat Reader software installed to view and print the PDF versions. [Obtain a free copy of the Acrobat Reader

For general County contact information and the County employee phone directory, please refer to the County's on-line phone book.

E-mail us at: mcdot.director@montgomerycountymd.gov

101 Monroe Street, 10th Floor
Rockville, MD 20850

Call 240-777-7170 about:
Director’s Office Issues
Community Outreach Programs
METRO & MARC Rail Oversight
State Transportation Project Coordination
Master/Sector Plan Review & Analysis
Regional Transportation Project Coordination

Call 240-777-7155 (or email us at:

Adopt A Road
Beautification Grants
Keep Montgomery County Beautiful Programs
Pedestrian Safety
Storm Drain Painting

back to top

Division of Transportation Engineering

Management of Capital Projects

100 Edison Park Dr, 4th Floor
Gaithersburg, Maryland 20878

Planning Phase

E-mail us at:
Call 240-777-7220
Call 240-777-7270 about: New Sidewalks, ADA Ramps

Call 240-777-7244 about: Bridges, Storm Drains, Public Roads & Highways, Transit Facilities

Call 240-773-3410 about: Abandonments of Right of Way, Disposition of Public Property, Permanent Closure of Public Roads, Property Acquisition

Design Phase

E-mail us at:
Call 240-777-7221

Construction Phase

E-mail us at:
Call 240-777-7210

back to top


Division of Traffic Engineering

100 Edison Park Dr, 4th Floor
Gaithersburg, Maryland 20878

E-mail us at:

Call MC311(311) about:
Lane Markings & Crosswalks
Residential Parking
Speed Humps & Other Traffic Calming Measures
Subdivision Development Plan Review
Traffic Mitigation Agreement Reviews
Traffic Signs & Street Name Signs
Traffic Signals

Division of Highway Services

100 Edison Park Dr, 4th Floor
Gaithersburg, Maryland 20878

E-mail us at:

Call MC311(311) about:
Leaf Vacuum Collection
Maintenance of Trees in the County Right-of-Way
Roadway Resurfacing & Paving
Scheduled Mowing of County Rights-of-Way
Sidewalk Repair & Replacement
Shoulder Maintenance
Snow Removal/Ice Treatment
Storm Drainage Operation & Maintenance

Division of Parking Management

100 Edison Park Dr, 4th Floor
Gaithersburg, Maryland 20878

E-mail us at:

Call MC311(311) about:
Parking Policies, Studies, New Facilities Planning
Parking Lot Districts & PLD Tax
Parking Garage or Lot Maintenance

Call 240-777-8744 (Silver Spring Store) or 240-777-8770 (Bethesda Store) about:
Purchase of Parking Permits (monthly & residential)
Cash Key (convenient meter payment method)

Call 240-453-0113 about:
Parking Meters/Maintenance
Parking Enforcement & Tickets
Court Hearings & Appeals

back to top

Transit Services

101 Monroe Street, 5th Floor
Rockville, MD 20850

Call MC311(311) about:
Operation of transit systems: Ride On, Metrobus, Metrorail
Ride On schedules, scheduling accessible bus
Compliments/Complaints on Bus Service
Bus Shelter and Stop Issues
New Service, Routes, Passenger Amenities (shelters, benches, pads, etc)

Call (240) 777-5800 about:
Hiring and training of bus operators
Call 'N' Ride
Other human services special transportation programs (formerly "Paratransit" programs)
Transportation for Seniors & People with Disabilities

Call 240-773-BWTW(2989) about:
Keep Montgomery County Moving
Employer outreach and transit subsidy programs

Call 240-773-TRIPs (8747) about:
Silver Spring TRIPS Commuter Store
Friendship Heights TRIPS Commuter Store
General commuting information

Call MC311(311) about:
Taxicab licensing and regulation
Taxicab Service and Performance

Call 240-777-5890 about:
Medicaid Transportation

Back to top

For any MCDOT service request or complaint, call 311 (when dialing outside of the county: 240-777-0311) or submit via their website.

For website comments or to report website problems or broken links, please email us. This email address does not handle service requests or complaints.



Ride On
Last edited: 1/24/2012