2012 LEOSA DATES - INFORMATION
Listed below are the 2012 LEOSA dates and necessary items that you must bring to your LEOSA qualifications.
* Classes are limited to 25
Time will be 0800 for all dates below.
January 13June 15
PLEASE NOTE: Classes with low enrollment or unforeseen issues with dates are subject to be cancelled. You will be notified by telephone, should this occur.
The APPLICATION FORM must be filled out and sent to us, at least 30 days before your qualification date. Your application must be NOTARIZED, and can take up to 30 days for the forms to go through the process of a background check and Internal Affairs check, so please be patient. Please assume that your paperwork has been processed unless you hear from our office.
Please forward all paperwork to the Academy, FIRST:
Montgomery County Police
Public Safety Training Academy
Attention: Miranda Hughes
9710 Great Seneca Hwy
Rockville, MD 20850
What to bring:
§ At least 60 rounds of ammo, per weapon
§ Valid retired ID card (can be obtained from County Security in the Executive Office Building in Rockville) 240-777-6165
§ Belt holster with covered trigger guard (no cross-draw, shoulder/ankle holsters, fanny packs)
§ You must wear LONG PANTS, no SHORTS are allowed.
§ Qualifications will take place rain or shine, so please make sure to dress for the weather.
CHILDREN NOT PERMITTED AT THE RANGE
ALL QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE HELD AT THE OUTDOOR RANGE.
The address is 16600 Elmer School Rd., Poolesville, MD The range phone number is 301-972-7804.
If you have any further questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Montgomery County Police Department
LEOSA Handgun Certification Procedures
Montgomery County Police retirees who are interested in LEOSA training should follow the following procedures:
- Download a LEOSA Registration form from the Department’s web–site. LEOSA Registration Form
- Complete the form in its entirety and have it notarized.
- Call the PSTA at 301-279-1841 or e-mail: email@example.com to hold a space on the date you requested.
- Review the Range Safety Rules posted on the Web Site.
- Check this web site the day prior to ensure your training date has not been cancelled.
- Show up for training about 10 -15 minutes early, if possible.
- Make sure that you receive your LEOSA card before you leave the training.
- Each retiree may qualify with only ONE handgun (semi-auto or revolver).
If you have any questions, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also call the Academy at 301-279-1841 for further assistance.