General programs and activities are available to suit all ages, interests, and skill levels. Activities include swimming classes, craft classes, trips, camps, children's programs, special events, and varied offerings every season.
Some of the files on this page (such as PDF files) require a viewer or "plug-in" to open or view. These plug-ins are very common, so it is likely they are already on your computer. If not, you may need to install a particular plug-in on your computer to view some of the files on this site.
Please visit Download Plug-ins
to download any software plug-ins you may need.
Please submit alternative format requests to the ADA Compliance Manager. The ADA Compliance Manager can be reached at 240-777-6197 (TTY 240-777-6196) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternate format requests should include the following information:
- Contact information of the person requesting the alternative format (phone, email, first name, last name)
- The Web Address (URL) of the web page(s) which contain the requested information
- The nature of the accessibility need
- Preferred alternative format type (i.e. audio presentation, text file, large print, voice call back, etc…)
- Preferred medium (i.e. regular mail, email attachment, text message, fax, phone call, etc…)
What is a Mainstreaming Companion?
To accommodate special needs, individuals with disabilities may request a mainstream companion. Companions provide additional assistance to facilitate the inclusion of individuals with disabilities in general Recreation Department programs. Most companions are trained volunteers who will assist with participation and integration into the program. Companions do not provide personal care. Placements are limited, and are not guaranteed so early notification is essential. Just send us an email or call the Therapeutic Recreation office at 240-777-6870 for more information and/or to request a companion.