Policies and Procedure Information
Please read the registration procedures carefully. Also note the withdrawal policy as it varies from policies listed in the "Guide to Recreation & Parks Programs" due to the nature and financial commitments of the program.
- Trip itineraries and fees may be altered. If so, changes reflect real costs and include comparable services.
- All trips and tours include transportation and trip escort. See trip description for details on meals, admissions, and optional activities.
- Unless you are notified in advance, all trips depart and return to the rear parking lot of the Holiday Park Senior Center, 3950 Ferrara Dr., Wheaton, Md. Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to departure as all trips depart promptly at the confirmed departure time.
- Transportation: Transportation for most tours is by chartered motorcoach, equipped with reclining seats and restroom. Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time at your departure location.
- Alcohol: No kegs, open cans or glass containers are allowed inside the coach. No large coolers are allowed. Any damage or spillage from a cooler can stain coach seat upholstery and can compromise the cleanliness and appearance of the bus.
- General Policies: Smoking, weapons, or open alcoholic beverages are not permitted on any Montgomery County Recreation Department sponsored trips or tours. You may bring along snacks or other refreshments. We encourage you to carry your valuables with you at all times.
- Bus Seating: We do not have reserved seating on trips. Participants may select seats on a first-come, first-served basis. Usually two seats adjacent to the driver are reserved for the trip escort and a tour guide (if needed). We generally leave a few seats available on the bus for interpreters when needed, in the rare case of a defective seat, or for persons who may experience motion sickness. Our trip escorts will try to accommodate requests for special seating when possible.
- Your Trip Escort: Montgomery County Recreation Department provides trip escorts on each trip to take care of scheduling, meals, seating arrangements, tickets and other details of the trip. Escorts are not professional tour guides, but often have helpful information about our destinations. Their primary role is to take care of you, our customer, throughout the trip. If you need special assistance or have a medical condition that may require attention during the trip, please speak with the tour escort.
- Tips and Gratuities Policy: Bus Driver: If you feel that you have received exceptional service from the bus driver, we encourage you to show your appreciation by providing a modest tip ($2 per person is appropriate) at your discretion. Near the end of the return trip, the tour escort will remind you of the tip expectation.
- Trip Escorts and Guides: Trip escorts are Montgomery County employees or volunteers and are not allowed to receive tips or gratuities.
Your Responsibility as a Trips and Tours Participant
You, the participant, assume all risks associated with participation in the program; the County assumes no liability for injury or damages arising from participation in the program. Due to the strenuous nature of some activities, the County encourages each participant to consult his or her physician concerning fitness to participate in the program. The participant consents to emergency treatment. The participant also consents to the County's use of any photographs taken or videotapes made of the program.
Montgomery County Government is committed to complying with the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need auxiliary aids or services (such as an ASL interpreter, large print materials, or lift equipped bus), please call 240-777-6870, TTY 240-777-6974 a minimum of three weeks before the activity.