"Love Your Planet" Recycler of Year
Awards given by Solid Waste Services
Awarded to schools that have earned at least 30 points on their most
recent recycling evaluations.
- Beverly Farms Elementary School, Ms. Laura Siegelbaum, Principal
There is strong staff and student participation and awareness. The quantity
and quality of recyclables are great.
- Dufief Elementary School, Ms. Pamela D. Shirley, Principal
This school has an outstanding commitment and contribution of service
from the student volunteer group and an extraordinary degree of recycling
- Goshen Elementary School, Dr. Sandra Dugoff, Principal
Since Octobe, Catie Harick has implemented a brand new program and now
sponsors recycling contests every week to educate, motivate and excite
students and staff about recycling.
- Herbert Hoover Middle School, Ms. Caroline Kursman, Principal
This school has a committee of 10 Green Team members and a student group
that implements and maintains their recycling program.
- Monocacy Elementary School, Ms. Betty Sellman, Principal
This program has demonstrated a phenomenal participation rate, and extraordinary
school awareness for their recycling program. There are very few recyclables
found in the trash.
- Montgomery Village Middle School, Mr. Donald Barron, Principal
This is the second year that this school has received an award for demonstrating
a great recycling program. We applaud the active participation from
all students, especially those with physical and developmental challenges.
- Paint Branch High School, Mr. Fred Lowenbach, Principal
Has an active Green Team and received high level of support from the
entire school. This is a school that demonstrates involvement of students.
- Tilden Middle School "KEEP", Ms. Karen Rabin, Principal
KEEP stands for Kids Encouraging Environmental Protection. Tilden's
very enthusiastic Green Team continues to strive for recycling improvements.
KEEP demonstrates exemplary and on-going commitment to recycling. Second
year recipient of this award.
- Twinbrook Elementary School, Ms. Carolyn Cobbs, Principal
The school coordinator has implemented a school wide program that focuses
on educating students and staff about recycling. They continue to seek
ways to improve the program, which has resulted in a high level of participation.
- Washington Grove Elementary School, Ms. Kathy L. Brake, Principal
This school has demonstrated a high level of awareness. As a result,
there is high quality and large quantity of recyclables in their bins.
- Earle B. Wood Middle School, Mr. David A. Brubaker, Principal
The active Green Team includes students that have implemented a strong
program with high levels of participation and low levels of contamination.
- Thomas S. Wootton High School, Dr. Rebecca K. Newman, Principal
Wootton has a structured and well-maintained program, which actively
involves the total student body. A high level of awareness is reflected
in quality and quantity of recyclables collected.
For more information:
SORRT Nonresidential Recycling Program: 240-777-6437