The Montgomery County Department of Transportation’s (MCDOT) Resident’s Guide to Services is now available in Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese. The guide provides phone, website and email contacts that direct residents to more information about all of MCDOT’s basic services as well as those provided by the Maryland State Highway Administration.
Services of the following divisions that are highlighted in the guide include:
• Office of the Director: Adopt-a-Road, beautification grants, graffiti removal, pedestrian safety, storm drain marking and Keep Montgomery County Beautiful.
• Transit Services: Ride On schedules and information, commuter services, taxicab licensing and special transportation programs, especially those aimed at seniors and persons with disabilities.
• Transportation Engineering: Sidewalks, ADA ramps, bikeways, bridges, storm drains, public roads and highways and transit facilities.
• Highway Services: Vacuum leaf collection, right-of-way maintenance, trees, potholes, roadway paving, snow removal and storm drain maintenance.
• Parking Management: County parking garages and lots, parking permits, Cash Key, parking meters, parking enforcement and tickets.
• Traffic Engineering: Residential parking, lane markings and crosswalk striping, traffic calming measures, traffic signals and streetlights.
Copies of the guide in English and the other languages are available on the County’s website.
# # #